More dirt riding, more items on the buy-list

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF 300L
I've only been riding off-road for a couple of months after a long break from any riding. Bought the Honda 300 Rally end of last year for getting out of town for some therapy and it's doing that very well. Bought some new gear when I bought the bike, but have mostly been riding with the gear I already had. Mostly "adventure" stuff. Adventure jacket, adventure boots, riding jeans, etc. Pretty aware that the jacket and pants are not enough impact protection and getting really tired of trying to wash the dust out of the jacket. (Have gotten some advise on armor here before). Dusty visor is an issue, so want to give goggles a try. The boots are okay, but they allow too much movement which is not going to do me any favors if I come off. I was just sitting making a wish-list of everything I need/want to get or upgrade. The list is substantial $$$ and includes everything from suspension upgrades all the way to better socks.

I don't want "well used" stuff, but I'm considering posting wanted adds for some good condition 2nd hand items to save some money to check more items off the list. Any opinions on items to consider/avoid 2nd hand?

Short version of "the list" below.

- Bark-busters (or similar)
- Crash bars (maybe)
- Toolkit and tubes
- Hard-shell body armor (1.9m, so probably 2XL)
- Knee/shin guards
- Goggles
- MX jersey and pants (36 pants)
- MX/Enduro Boots (UK 11)
- Tail rack
- Tail-bag / soft luggage

Other than luggage and crash-bars the rest is all pretty even on my list of priorities. This isn't a wanted add, but I have included some sizes in the event that someone reading this has stuff lying around to sell. This story ended up being a lot longer than I planned, but I'm pretty sure there's varied opinion on what is, and what isn't, necessary or what should be priority, so please feel free to give your 2c.

Latest posts