More lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Its raining outside , and if you on a bike possibly means you dont own a cage . So be careful out there , My question today is " extra lights " I have seen riders fit more than one set of spots to there bikes , and would like to know why fit more than one set . I have a set of spots on my bike . I try not to ride at night , but they work when the need arrives . yes more light is a nice to have , but if you dont ride at night is it necessary? I do not run the spots on all the time , as I am concerned it could load the electrical system and possibly shorten the battery life . I have had a budget battery in before and with the spots on , the battery did not hold the charge , I once ended with a flat battery , but think it was a product failure rather than electrical system .
back to my question, Is more lights the answer or possibly better extra set? When it comes to LED spots lower W leds just dont do the job , yes , the reflector is the main part of the light output , but a 3 w led is useless , 5w is a bit better and 10w is the business.
I have a set of 10w single led with good reflector and they work very well ,I will admit that fitting a extra set on the crash bar to give light lower on the road has been an idea for some time , but dew to not doing lots of riding in the dark , this has just been a itch .
All this said , I passed by IRONMAN 4X4 in Alberton and they have a nice set of 40w led spots , (4x 10w led ) in one cube . little bit heavy but could be a nice upgrade , or just keep what i have . many choices ,