MotoGP 2022.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Looks like Pol has pulled his finger out of his arse now that there is rumors that his contract will not be renewed . But the usual's still make the top ten
Let us see after Sunday, whether Pol pulled his finger. The guys are so up and down these days, it is darn difficult to know.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Huge breaking news from MotoGP.

Mat Oxley broke the news that both Bagnaia and Martin were running illegal bikes during the Jerez GP won by Bagnaia. The worst part is, they cannot be punished because all MotoGP teams via the MSMA (Manufacturers Association) , Michelin, Dorna and IRTA have a gentleman's agreement to NOT make tyre pressure violations known.

A gatvol engineer from one of the teams leaked this info to Mat Oxley after the Jerez race. Minimum tyre pressures are regulated to ensure safety. A front must be at least 1.9 bar. Pressures are monitored through the race and because pressures go up and down because of tyre heat, the rule is that the pressures must be above the minimum for at least 50% of the laps of the race. Bagnaia was under the minimum for all 25 laps and Martin for 24/25 laps. Rins was also below the limit, but had a bad race, so perhaps didn't get enough heat into his front tyre.

This is no different than carrying extra fuel, or a below weigh limit bike, or not using the spec ECU. It is also dangerous as the 1.9 bar limit is set by Michelin for the safety of the rider.

View attachment 771918
Jawellnofine. Dorna cleared it all up. There is no cheating going on. While the rule, technically was broken, they do not currently have a proper, calibrated system installed on all manufacturers to check. While all bikes do have monitors, they are not all identical, therefore cannot be used. The agreement with the teams was that they would test a few systems this season and pick one for all to use from start 2023 season. In the meantime, tyre pressure data would be shared between all teams to keep them all honest.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Due to the longer than normal season, manufacturers will be allowed 8, rather than 7 (10 rather than 9 for Aprilia) engines for the season with the rider that the extra engine can only be used from the 19th GP onward.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
BB33 finished 7th at the flag. Other three STF's 20, 21 and 23.

madmax

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Rotax (all models)
Gresini Racing’s Enea Bastianini broke the Le Mans All Time Lap Record just moments before crashing his Ducati in MotoGP™ FP2 at the SHARK Grand Prix de France. The Italian finished a full two tenths of a second up on Aprilia Racing’s Aleix Espargaro and Team Suzuki Ecstar's Alex Rins, in a session which saw several falls.

Bappas

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Gresini Racing’s Enea Bastianini broke the Le Mans All Time Lap Record just moments before crashing his Ducati in MotoGP™ FP2 at the SHARK Grand Prix de France. The Italian finished a full two tenths of a second up on Aprilia Racing’s Aleix Espargaro and Team Suzuki Ecstar's Alex Rins, in a session which saw several falls.
2 tenths I don t think we always appreciate how tight it actually is

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Lyk my dit gaan n baie lang jaar wees met die kaKTM`s......
Ai toggie, toggie. Dit gaan net al slegter. As twee rookies op 2021 Ducatis darem vir die 2022 KTM se fabriekjaers wegry!? Ek ween sommer so traan of twee. Dan is daar daai klein Franse donner wat alweer nie op pole is nie en my Superbru sommer Saterdag al opneuk. Fokkit!

Wayne

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Without DSTV or a online login for DSTV, how else can a person watch MotoGP?

Daffyd

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
So I dont have DSTV or any other means to watch GP.. so my parents tape it for me and I go around when I have the chance to watch and catch up. So I have to stay away from social media and this thread until I've seen the race.

My predictions are out the window with the bath water.
www.motomundo.net you can thank me later

sidetrack

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bastianini not only knocked on Millers door for the factory ride but he also showed Pecco that he can be the number 1 rider in the team ! Conundrum for Ducati me thinks. Aside from the crashes bit of a boring race. Hodgson harping on about the Yamaha is like a stuck record, if FQ got a better start he may have won the race.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Bastianini not only knocked on Millers door for the factory ride but he also showed Pecco that he can be the number 1 rider in the team ! Conundrum for Ducati me thinks. Aside from the crashes bit of a boring race. Hodgson harping on about the Yamaha is like a stuck record, if FQ got a better start he may have won the race.
If the latest silly season rumour is true, Miller doesn't care as he already signed for a Red Bull KTM Factory ride, in place of Oliviera.

Bastianini is rocking the boat for sure.

Bappas

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
If the latest silly season rumour is true, Miller doesn't care as he already signed for a Red Bull KTM Factory ride, in place of Oliviera.

Bastianini is rocking the boat for sure.
He has a chance on the championship it would be a problem for Ducati management if someone on a satellite 2021 bike win it