MotoGP 2022.

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
The aluminium frames has flex built into them, somehow. Too stiff is a problem.
They do, as like you said, flex is a requirement. Steel frames (I have read) is easier to change (welder and grinder scenario) while aluminium frames need to be made from scratch if they want to change the flex.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
TRACKTIME FQ TO DUCATITRACK STRAIGHT LENTH
Qatar- 10,536s1068m
Mandalika+ 0,953723m
De Rio Hondo- 9,4081076m
Cota- 6,7601200m
Portimao+ 5,409970m
Jerez- 0,285607m
Le Mans- 4,288674m
Mugello- 0,6351141m
Catalunya+6.4731047m
Sachsenring??,??700m

FQ is just being a bloody arsehole, hell bent on proving me wrong. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

That, or Yamaha is using a stolen Suzuki engine, or perhaps a Yamaha engine tuned by some maplotter mechanic in the Western Cape area .....

Dux

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
TRACKTIME FQ TO DUCATITRACK STRAIGHT LENTH
Qatar- 10,536s1068m
Mandalika+ 0,953723m
De Rio Hondo- 9,4081076m
Cota- 6,7601200m
Portimao+ 5,409970m
Jerez- 0,285607m
Le Mans- 4,288674m
Mugello- 0,6351141m
Catalunya+6.4731047m
Sachsenring??,??700m

FQ is just being a bloody arsehole, hell bent on proving me wrong. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

That, or Yamaha is using a stolen Suzuki engine, or perhaps a Yamaha engine tuned by some maplotter mechanic in the Western Cape area .....
Wasn't me , but a little birdie told me they dropped Akro and threw on a Competition Cowley exhaust , K and N filters and drilled out the jets , now it goes befok 🤣🤣

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Confirmed Jack Miller to KTM for 2023 / 2024.

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
As the shuffle continues and the seats are slowly but surely being filled, I cannot help but wonder who will not be in the Premier class next year?

* So far only 22 bikes.
* How many new rookies will we see next year? Vietti/Ogura?
* Will Pedro Acosta be the 6th rookie for 2022 and take MM93's seat in the remainder of the season and perhaps Pol's bike for next year?

So im sure Dovi is off to race cars or MX next year.
Alex Marq?
???

As a side note, how the hell did Aprillia sign Mav for another 2 years:eek:

Bappas

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
As the shuffle continues and the seats are slowly but surely being filled, I cannot help but wonder who will not be in the Premier class next year?

* So far only 22 bikes.
* Will Pedro Acosta be the 6th rookie for 2022 and take MM93's seat in the remainder of the season and perhaps Pol's bike for next year?

Alex Marq?
???

Agree did you see what he is getting paid for dismal results

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS

* So far only 22 bikes.

Alex Marq?
???

It is confirmed there will be only 22 bikes as Yamaha will not field a satellite team. That can change, but is unlikely. This leaves precious few spots for rookies, unless a few of the current MotoGP riders are completely dumped.

Vietti is likely to stay in Moto2 one more year, or that is the preferred choice of the VR46 team. Who knows what he will do if the right offer comes his way?

Ogura deserves a seat, but where? Will LCR drop Nakagami for Ogura? Both Nakagami and Ogura brings the Idemitsu sponsor, so it may happen. Will they drop Marques, A for Ogura to have an all Japanese team? They could even go for one of the ex-Suzuki riders instead, but in whose place?

Acosta, imho should stay in Moto2 for another year, but there is this KTM thing of pushing riders to MotoGP to ensure others cannot buy their contacts out. It is exactly what they did with Fernandez last year. I cannot see Acosta take MM's bike for the remainder of tis season. KTM is unlikely to allow that, but also Honda gain some serious advantages during testing with their test rider on the MM bike. They are nowhere in the championship, so may well prefer the 2023 bike development with the extras Bradl as rider brings.

Dovi will retire. He seems to have lost interest.

What about Darryn Binder? Will he get one of the RNF Aprilias, or is he out of MotoGP at the end of the season. His current contract, with option of a renewal for next year is with Yamaha and they won't have a satellite team. Will Raslan take DB along to Apilia? What was his agreement with Aprilia in terms of rider appointments? Rumours are they want a young Italian and their current test rider, Savadori, on the RNF bikes. MV was signed for good reason. We may not see it, but I am pretty sure Aprilia knows. Sometimes a team doesn't need two champions, but rather a champion and a good, solid #2 in support of their champion.

Then there is Canet and the other Fernandez (A), also knocking hard on the door.

This is like a Rubiks Cube with all block the same colour!

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
It is confirmed there will be only 22 bikes as Yamaha will not field a satellite team. That can change, but is unlikely. This leaves precious few spots for rookies, unless a few of the current MotoGP riders are completely dumped.

Vietti is likely to stay in Moto2 one more year, or that is the preferred choice of the VR46 team. Who knows what he will do if the right offer comes his way?

Ogura deserves a seat, but where? Will LCR drop Nakagami for Ogura? Both Nakagami and Ogura brings the Idemitsu sponsor, so it may happen. Will they drop Marques, A for Ogura to have an all Japanese team? They could even go for one of the ex-Suzuki riders instead, but in whose place?

Acosta, imho should stay in Moto2 for another year, but there is this KTM thing of pushing riders to MotoGP to ensure others cannot buy their contacts out. It is exactly what they did with Fernandez last year. I cannot see Acosta take MM's bike for the remainder of tis season. KTM is unlikely to allow that, but also Honda gain some serious advantages during testing with their test rider on the MM bike. They are nowhere in the championship, so may well prefer the 2023 bike development with the extras Bradl as rider brings.

Dovi will retire. He seems to have lost interest.

What about Darryn Binder? Will he get one of the RNF Aprilias, or is he out of MotoGP at the end of the season. His current contract, with option of a renewal for next year is with Yamaha and they won't have a satellite team. Will Raslan take DB along to Apilia? What was his agreement with Aprilia in terms of rider appointments? Rumours are they want a young Italian and their current test rider, Savadori, on the RNF bikes. MV was signed for good reason. We may not see it, but I am pretty sure Aprilia knows. Sometimes a team doesn't need two champions, but rather a champion and a good, solid #2 in support of their champion.

Then there is Canet and the other Fernandez (A), also knocking hard on the door.

This is like a Rubiks Cube with all block the same colour!

I agree that Acosta should stay for another season in Moto2, but Honda has deep pockets and will easily be able to buy him out of his KTM contract. For sure it would be a premature move but Acosta is not really a title contender in Moto 2 and same goes for LCR in the premier class. MM also told Honda they dont need to pay him in his absence. - Just repeating the MotoPG guys thoughts here but makes perfect sense to me.

I didnt even want to think about DB but im starting to doubt if he will get a seat next year. Unless the RNF team has some solid data on him with the added bonus that he will be cheap. Not a spectacular season so far but 2nd in the Rookie standings, tied 6th place for top speed record (yes on the slow Yammi thats a year old), regularly beat Dovi on that vintage bike and starting to show consistent race pace. Then again, stats means nothing in the eyes of politics and money.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I agree that Acosta should stay for another season in Moto2, but Honda has deep pockets and will easily be able to buy him out of his KTM contract. For sure it would be a premature move but Acosta is not really a title contender in Moto 2 and same goes for LCR in the premier class. MM also told Honda they dont need to pay him in his absence. - Just repeating the MotoPG guys thoughts here but makes perfect sense to me.

I didnt even want to think about DB but im starting to doubt if he will get a seat next year. Unless the RNF team has some solid data on him with the added bonus that he will be cheap. Not a spectacular season so far but 2nd in the Rookie standings, tied 6th place for top speed record (yes on the slow Yammi thats a year old), regularly beat Dovi on that vintage bike and starting to show consistent race pace. Then again, stats means nothing in the eyes of politics and money.
While nothing is impossible, moving a rider mid-season is near impossible. KTM can just refuse the Honda offer to buy him out, or make it way too expensive. It could happen, but I find it extremely unlikely. At the end of the season, it is a different story. All Moto2 riders have clause that allows the buy out of the contract at a set fee, should the rider get offered a MotoGP ride.

I am hoping DB goes to RNF Aprilia, or that the Tech3 KTM rumour is true. He really does deserve at least one more season in MotoGP to show his talents. However, like you said, it is always more about the money and politics than the talent.

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Both KTM and Yamaha will be better than not being in the premier class but if their current efforts are anything to go by, the Tech3 seat would most likely once again not allow him to showcase his skill set.

But nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing Both Binder boys in Q2 at every race next season.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Both KTM and Yamaha will be better than not being in the premier class but if their current efforts are anything to go by, the Tech3 seat would most likely once again not allow him to showcase his skill set.

But nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing Both Binder boys in Q2 at every race next season.
Janee. KTM is struggling this year. Sad really, because they did look like the up and coming team a year ago. Agreed that any bike will be better than none in MotoGP. The problem is, if he is dropped out of the premier class, will he find a competitive Moto2 ride with the time remaining? It is such a pity Yamaha is making no effort to run a satellite team next year. They can keep DB as there is the contract extension option, should be able to get Rins or Mir at a reasonable price and there are teams, well at least one in Leopard, who indicated they would like to run a MotoGP team.

This bloody silly season is really a bastard on the nerves!

Bappas

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I just hope Daryn get a ride He has been consistent this year unlike his Moto3 days but more time and a more competitive bike is needed

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I just hope Daryn get a ride He has been consistent this year unlike his Moto3 days but more time and a more competitive bike is needed
Darryn was actually pretty consistent in Moto3 once he got a decent enough bike. During his last year he had only 1 retirement. Just as a matter of interest, his worst year he DNF 7 times. Of course, I have no idea what percentage of the 7 he caused and what percentage was caused by another rider. There were times when he was taken out as well. That is the same number of crashes Brad Binder had during his worst year in Moto3.

We tend to forget, the Binders came up through the ranks the hard way, unlike the sponsored Spanish and Italian riders. They were over riding their bikes. There were many times when they rode a donkey good for 25th into 10th and then crashed.

Bappas

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Darryn was actually pretty consistent in Moto3 once he got a decent enough bike. During his last year he had only 1 retirement. Just as a matter of interest, his worst year he DNF 7 times. Of course, I have no idea what percentage of the 7 he caused and what percentage was caused by another rider. There were times when he was taken out as well. That is the same number of crashes Brad Binder had during his worst year in Moto3.

We tend to forget, the Binders came up through the ranks the hard way, unlike the sponsored Spanish and Italian riders. They were over riding their bikes. There were many times when they rode a donkey good for 25th into 10th and then crashed.

2 true

Dux

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)

Acosta stated at the beginning of the year that he didn't want to rush into MotoGP , he was looking at 2 to 3 years in Moto2