MotoGP 2022.

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
Janee! This silly season is giving me a headache. Obviously keen to see DB40 on a decent bike in MotoGP, but all the other rumours! Need a spreadsheet to keep track.

When all the dust settles, 2 riders will be without seats. One could be DB40 which will have me crying in someone's pretzels.

Who else in danger?

Alex Marquez?
Raul Fernandez?
Taka Nakagami?
Remy Gardner?

Dovi is overs so that reduces the bike defecit to 1 and I really hope that Remy departs to WSBK which could leave us square with current riders and rides.

Question would be, how many Moto2 riders will move to the premier class?

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
One RNF seat left for next year. I think Olivera could be a title contender next year if he gets along with the bike right away.

Rough Rider

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Razlan apparently said they will not look at a Moto2 rider, so I think at this stage it's between Darren and Raul. The team love Darren so lets hope it's not just a small chance, but that he is in.
Aprillia management will have the last say and it seems to me that they want an Italian, and I'm very sad to say that I recon it will be Vietti.

sidetrack

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
I cant believe Remy would choose WSBK over MotoGP unless he has no choice. I mean following in your dads footsteps, a Gardener.

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Those are purely my wishes, after he told the press he is not fussed if there is not MotoGP ride for him, he will find a seat at WSBK without any effort.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Aprillia management will have the last say and it seems to me that they want an Italian, and I'm very sad to say that I recon it will be Vietti.
Razlan did say during an interview this past Saturday that neither Aprilia, nor the sponsors are prescribing a rider, or riders. He also said that due to the great rookies currently in MotoGP he is not looking to Moto2 for a rider. He actually mentioned Vietti. Also, Vietti is a VR46 rider, so they probably hanging on to him.

I doubt Razlan would dump DB40 for a Moto2 rider. DB is doing well and will have a year's experience by 2023. Hopefully MO will have a Binder to deal with next year.

That said, with Dovi out, I am wondering who else will be out. It must be between DB40, RF or RG, but I won't be surprised if it is Marques A or even Taka.

Last edited:

madmax

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Rotax (all models)
didnt i read somewhere yesterday that little marques basicall out of team ... fernandez maybe shot his load by throwing toys ..remy looking outside motogp ...nakagami not available for llcr?

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Those are purely my wishes, after he told the press he is not fussed if there is not MotoGP ride for him, he will find a seat at WSBK without any effort.
Personally, I think RG was just posturing in an attempt to pressurize KTM into a direction.

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Personally, I think RG was just posturing in an attempt to pressurize KTM into a direction.
Exactly that, and with his track record, or rather the lack thereof i do not think he has any leverage to attempt something like that. His manager probably to blame for this but he is still a rookie and a youngster. Impressive results should rather do the talking as apposed to messages to his employers via the media.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Exactly that, and with his track record, or rather the lack thereof i do not think he has any leverage to attempt something like that. His manager probably to blame for this but he is still a rookie and a youngster. Impressive results should rather do the talking as apposed to messages to his employers via the media.
Yep. 100%. This is what makes DB a good buy. He is a worker, not a whinger and it shows.

BiG DoM

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Yep. 100%. This is what makes DB a good buy. He is a worker, not a whinger and it shows.
Also he is a proper brand ambassador with upbeat warm personality - this counts big for sponsorship and happy team dynamics. Note how WithU have been working social media recently and the family team aspect ... moody entitled twats do not cut it on that level. Teams look for a complete package not just results. FQ another good example who has a growing fan base and following - seemed to be a gamble when he started in MotoGP but his potential on all levels was recognized by those in the know. Razlan and others who have worked with Daz know his work ethic, potential and value as a team player.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Also he is a proper brand ambassador with upbeat warm personality - this counts big for sponsorship and happy team dynamics. Note how WithU have been working social media recently and the family team aspect ... moody entitled twats do not cut it on that level. Teams look for a complete package not just results. FQ another good example who has a growing fan base and following - seemed to be a gamble when he started in MotoGP but his potential on all levels was recognized by those in the know. Razlan and others who have worked with Daz know his work ethic, potential and value as a team player.
Agreed and the Brand Ambassador is even more important for a small budget team. I have also noted that DB40 is getting a pretty decent fan base in Malaysia.

Rough Rider

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I see Alex Marques has offered both RNF and Gresini EUR 1,000,000 for a ride next year.

• Haha
Reactions: mox

BiG DoM

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I see Alex Marques has offered both RNF and Gresini EUR 1,000,000 for a ride next year.
Desperate times - sad that it has come to this although we know that seats are often 'bought' by daddy or big brother or whoever ... but ja, whateverrr!

In reality he would just have to visit the kitty litter once and that Euro Bar is up in smoke!

Rough Rider

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Desperate times - sad that it has come to this although we know that seats are often 'bought' by daddy or big brother or whoever ... but ja, whateverrr!

In reality he would just have to visit the kitty litter once and that Euro Bar is up in smoke!
Probably big brother putting his hands in his pocket, or Honda.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure

How sad it is when the men at the pinnacle of their sport need to pay to do the job. This in an era where a top soccer player earns 40m to 60mEuro. Sometimes I truly believe the supply and demand rules of capitalism stinks.

2StrokeDan

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
How sad it is when the men at the pinnacle of their sport need to pay to do the job. This in an era where a top soccer player earns 40m to 60mEuro. Sometimes I truly believe the supply and demand rules of capitalism stinks.
Could not agree more!!!

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Kenny Roberts and Wayne Rainey riding together at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Rainey is on the 500 Yamaha that he won the title on 30 odd years ago.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1656008250256.jpg
    FB_IMG_1656008250256.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 0

2StrokeDan

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Kenny Roberts and Wayne Rainey riding together at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Rainey is on the 500 Yamaha that he won the title on 30 odd years ago.
Amazing to see!!

That specific Marlboro Yamaha was for years my favourite motorcycle.

Latest posts