My Sunday non ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
Not quite as planned  :(

20101212Recv.jpg

IceCreamMan said:
What happened?

Electrical problem - Phoned Jules (Thanks mate!) and he told me how to diagnose the flishy-flashy code -
Code 4-6 - power problem - injector unit
But dunno how to fix that out on the road  ???

It's a shitty thing but if we all keep quiet, Dan won't find out that Yamaha's can also brake down.

So, shall we call this a conspiracy??

nemodakar said:
It's a shitty thing but if we all keep quiet, Dan won't find out that Yamaha's can also brake down.

Yamahas can brake and they do it quite well.  But break?  Not very often....

Provocateur said:
nemodakar said:

Yamahas can brake and they do it quite well.  But break?  Not very often....

Got to agree with you there!

It sounds like it could be that problem where the injector wire rubs through against the frame, or has yours been sorted GG?

Pote said:
thanks for Stan the Man :thumleft:

Hee Hee.

So there I am stuck in Tinley Manor Beach. (nice beach by the way - I had about three hours to admire it ) When this nice guy on a R6 comes past and stops when he sees my saddle is off, and I am gawking the stuff underneath with no clue as to what I am looking at.

But now he "has this cousin, who has a mate, Stan Maharaj, in Stanger place, who has a panel business and flat-top truck, who can see me right for not too much of money."

So I call Stan and ask for "best price", and best price is still half a day's work at my prime hourly rate, but I don't have much of a choice, and besides, they are all lekka guys and deeply concerned about my being stuck, so I goforit.

It was sort of like one of those "lion, goat and cabbage" problems I failed on the Mensa test. "You have a trailer and car in Durban, but you are stuck in Tinley Manor with a bike that won't run, and your cottage and car keys in your pocket. How do you get home in the fewest number of trips if you don't want to call a friend who you are sure is enjoying a Sondag Middag Knippie?"  

buzzlightyear said:
It sounds like it could be that problem where the injector wire rubs through against the frame, or has yours been sorted GG?

Yup - may be the problem - I was gonna have it sorted at my between-service-oil-change.

The bike has only 13 000Km, so I did not think it would be an issue yet.

But it has done quite a lot of bouncy roads.

Hell GG my first thoughts was that your bike is been re-posesed? lol :imaposer:
Hope they find the problem quickly...

Looking at code 46, seems like it might be more of a problem with the power supply to the FI relay (which should be under the saddle) than the actual injector wire, but let's see.

Anyway, I've just printed the two pages of diag codes to keep with me for hopefully never future use

OK, so lets allow for the wing nut thing, but I do believe Smithey has got a similar problem!!

Edgy I do not expect comments or I will not be coming Port Alfred way, but I would really like to!!!

buzzlightyear said:
., . . . .

Anyway, I've just printed the two pages of diag codes to keep with me for hopefully never future use

Good thinking. That's what Jules said. But when you look under the saddle it looks like the Magaliesburg telephone exchange after a Taliban attack, and how do you know what wire is what ?

2SD...is to busy exchanging punches on R & P....it's taking up all his time these days... :peepwall:
No doubt he will have an appropriate response for the Yammies sudden stoppage... :)