New guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beylie

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
Hi,

The itch is back...

The last time I rode a bike (I'm not sure whether a Yamaha DT 50 counts as a bike ...) was 13 years ago. I was a young lad back then, 17 going on 18, with lot on my mind (read girls, cars & music). Me and my best friend went to the veldt daily with our bikes. That's where we found freedom. Funny how the older you get the harder it seems to capture that freedom again... I guess that's where the itch is coming from. Melancholy. I want to recapture, or at least create new moments like those.

So ja, my bike was stolen near the end of matric and I just never got another. I've been thinking of a bike for the last few years, but I've never actually taken any steps in that direction, mostly due to financial constraints. Seeing that cash-flow is a bit better these days and the fact that I sorely wish to start taking long trips with my wife and best bud via bike again, I decided to join this forum to ask some questions and hopefully to contribute something to the community eventually.

I'm interested in something like the Suzuki V-Strom DL650. It looks like an awesome bike and they're not too expensive 2nd hand. I'll probably ask lots of question because I haven't driven anything bigger than a 50cc (yay!) and am obviously out of practice. Will probably fall over the first time I get on a bike again!

First question! Does anyone know of any places that will rent out dirt bikes for a day? I sorely want to hit the veldt again, just to see if I can still ride like in the old days.

Here's to fun ride! Cheers!