New member from Joburg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinusBez

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
Hello fellow WD members

My name is Tinus Bezuidenhout and live in Boksburg. Married with two daughters who is still in creche, the eldest is doing her last year in creche next year then off to primary school.

I currently do not own a bike and completed my "big bike" license earlier in December after the bug bit properly when my dad and WD member bought his bike (GSA1200) and did a tour of Namibia. Having been to Namibia before but by car the need to take a bike just grew too much and I joined WD.

I'm slowly stocking up on everything I need starting with the smalls. Everything must be bought cash including the bike hence a year to two project to get everything sorted before some serious touring.

In the meanwhile I do a lot of reading RR's, books and so on and plan rides on BaseCamp of which I've done parts of the Northern Cape already.

During this period I must lose a few kg's not only for health reasons but also for adventure biking. I'd hate to feel too tired to pick up the bike after going down in sand or mud or whatever else might come. Having small kids makes exercise difficult but not impossible so got my "formula" going which seem to work.

Thanks for a great community and tips and advice given it is much appreciated.

Tinus