Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Wildwindfr

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Congrats.
Will need to look at that screen. Can be tiring without it on the long road.
Keep us posted.

LouisXander

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Lekker man, good to see some new members and people joining th Adv riding fray!! From what I've read that is n amazing bike and every owner lives his/hers

Gooi mielies!!

TimLeChuckZA

Puppy
Reaction score
The weather gods were good to us this weekend! I'm trying to take every opportunity I can to get some mileage under my belt. The mileage on the odometer is pretty much the same as my mileage as a rider.

I managed to do 100km yesterday. Threw in a bit of gravel there as well, which was an interesting experience to say the least. The bike is definitely more capable than I am at this stage! Always nice to get that "nod" from fellow riders that pass you by on the road. Loving the rider culture.

I reckon it will be one more ride and then she's ready to go in for her 300km service. It's been a good learning curve for me.

1663574808475.png
1663575519605.png
1663575544155.png

Wildwindfr

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Nice.
How are you finding the touring screen?

Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp

LouisXander

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Which you prolly won't find, but you can very much mod anything to fit there. @73 Peanut used the thick plastic from a geyser tray to make protection down there, I used a 1200gs LC plate down there, as long as it protects.

stcomza

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CTX200
Welcome to the family! :)

I like what you've done with all the accessories.

I did not bother with another bashplate / engine guard as I will never take our NHT on an enduro type track where I have to navigate over huge rocks, tree stumps and what not. After almost 2.8k of gravel roads, the original plastic cover is still in tact, no cracks and the paint is still like new.

Enjoy your bike and ride save!

TimLeChuckZA

Puppy
Reaction score
Welcome to the family! :)

I like what you've done with all the accessories.

I did not bother with another bashplate / engine guard as I will never take our NHT on an enduro type track where I have to navigate over huge rocks, tree stumps and what not. After almost 2.8k of gravel roads, the original plastic cover is still in tact, no cracks and the paint is still like new.

Enjoy your bike and ride save!
Thanks! Yes, I'd be more keen on the pannier brackets before the bashplate. Would be nice to have more storage for things.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
True as well. But that thing ie is more cosmetic than anything else ain't it??
No idea. I do know that the plastic one on a 700 Yamaha Raptor quad did a sterling job, possibly better than the metal one. It would depend on the quality though. If no serious off road riding is envisaged, the plastic should be fine.

LouisXander

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
I have always rated proper plastic ones over alu, allows for much more movement before it breaks or shears.

TimLeChuckZA

Puppy
Reaction score
Sadly my skill level as a rider won't see me doing anything technical right now, involving ruts, rocks or stumps. It will be tarmac and gravel roads for the most part. The plastic of the bash plate does feel a lot harder than that of the fairings though.

TheBear

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I have always rated proper plastic ones over alu, allows for much more movement before it breaks or shears.
When we rode Quads 4 Quads a few years ago I saw that. In our group two guys had fancy alu bash plates and both were stuffed after the trip, yet my OEM plastic bash plate looked no worse for wear. Lots of scratches and stuff, but no cracks, or anything.