This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gonebyrussell

Hello everyone, I  am new! I am very impressed with all the knowledge on different matters posted here. I have only just purchased a project KLR650. But, I am now sorry I never registered here before, as I noticed one of your posts warned about the Durban fugly for sale and the complaints on "hellopeter" Well, I am the guy that purchased it.... I have always ridden smaller bikes, XT 250 my favourite, but unfortunately my son and I were T-boned by a vehicle jumping a stop street and after months of healing and digesting the news that the insurance didn't value my old steed very highly, I counted my pennies and noticed this bargain in Durban. I drove to Durban, paid the price and brought the bike back to PE. The bike does have papers, which appear in order, so far.... I am not a mechanic and I am totally not handy in that department, BUT I feel this bike needs to be restored. The bike is a 2005 model, 18 000 on the clock, but genuine, I don't know, it has been badly abused, broken panels, badly faded, wiring that has been butchered beyond repair, but I feel the money I paid, was worth the bike. I was giving excellent advice from a senior member here in PE. Step 1 to starting my project, register on Wild Dog!!!!  So here I am....