New member..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heddles

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hello Boys and girls.. My name is Hedley. I am a bikeaholic.. ahem.. it's true.. I have been addicted to these machines since I was a little boy.. If you consider how long that has been, you will realise that it is far to long and without serious rehab, I fear I might never recover... Ha ha ha..

I am a motor mechanic by trade and have always worked on my own vehicles. I have owned bike of various shapes and sizes over the years and if there isn't one on my garage, there's probably ten or so options in there  (".) I have a love for making things nice. Cleaning, making it run right, tuning, etc.
I currently have a DRZ400E, an F650F (Funduro), 4 CX500's, 4 XR200's, a DT175 and 2 TS185's in that cave of mine. DRZ is a runner and a good one at that.. Funduro is with Andrew King, helping sort out something I just don't have time for right now, XR's are all in various stages of rebuild. One CX is up and running and the others are, one for rebuild and the rest for spares to help with that.. One of the TS's is a stunt/wheelie/toy bike. Yes, at 47, I still haven't learned that a bike is meant to ride on two wheels.. I learned to wheelie when I was 19 and haven't stopped. Can go for k's.. Perfecting that skill now. Other TS is for a few spares..

I work mainly in the oil and gas industry. Both on and offshore. I do Rope Access (work @ heights) I hang off ropes and do whatever is required. Spent a year working on the Durban stadium.
I am a bit of a rolling stone, so I have moved around a bit and hence have never really been nailed down by a woman. Most successful at her attempts, has been my current girlfriend, Di. Been together for 8 years. Have a daughter, nearing teens. (that's gonna be fun) I was born in East London and came to Cape Town in 91. Worked for VW for a few years and went one my own. Had a few little jobs in between but mostly worked for myself.

In a nutshell.. I love life and live it like that. I do what I do because I enjoy it as well as for the money. That way, I spend more time having fun than hating my work and getting little time to enjoy myself. I don't really take on massive trips, although I have and still do the odd few thousand k rides. I can be a bit of a nut but hey!! Can't we all be!?

Attachments

• Bikes and bits.. 043.jpg
    Bikes and bits.. 043.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 41
  • DRZ Motor 055.jpg
    DRZ Motor 055.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Unsorted pics 148.jpg
    Unsorted pics 148.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Last days Rotation 2 027.jpg
    Last days Rotation 2 027.jpg