New owner - XR200R '98

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlon

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR200
The wheel turns, and I am back on an oldie.
20220418_181942.jpg
I started life off on some 1980s model XL125, then had a line of other bikes. I was fortunate enough to have owned WR250, XR650L and my CRF250L. All of those were amazing, albeit the 650 was too high for these legs (kouba link or not). Now, because of my life moving in a self-sufficiency direction (well for years now), part of simplifying and cleaning up was to swop out my CRF250L for this. I need to learn to service and maintain it myself, and it's dead simple, and I don't have a choice.

It feels great to be on an old legend again. I feel good, smiley and confident. Picked it up this past weekend over at DirtRider. It had a full service and run through, and the condition is super, tyres are new. Clutch will probably need some love in the coming months, and I will have to learn to clean/tune a carb, I reckon. It sounds horrible with the stock pipe, but I don't like noise. Need to investigate my options there.

Well, hello XR guys, I back. If you have tips or tricks, do share :)
Marlon