New road riding courses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Louis

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
Hi dogs,

Covid has not allowed me for the past 16 months to generate an income from my chosen work in the international tourism industry, which means I have to look at alternatives. KilRoy has approved me to become a vendor, all is in the pipeline, whenever he gets his dogs in the row.....

A short history: I started riding some 17 years ago and have ridden roughly 800,000 klicks since then. What I can bring to the party is experience. The majority was covered in South Africa and neighboring countries and I have travelled through Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mocambique, Tanzania, Kenya and most European countries. Single and two up, fully loaded for camping.

Since becoming an instructor for road riding 5 years ago (at Synergy Racing Academy, previously Speed Queen Racing), I realised, that I can use my experience to help riders improve their riding skills and their proficiency on a motorcycle, be that for beginners, intermediate or advanced level.

I have developed two road riding courses, for those interested. These are based on the training I have received myself over the years, combined with the experience made on the way.

1) Road Skills Course
A one day course with a difference: I come to your place. To keep any exposure to groups to a minimum (I am vaccinated)
Included: a 2.5h classroom session (PPT presentation, interactive discussion)
Covering: rider attitude, rider safety gear, bike set up. Riding position: head, body, hands, feet. Group riding advice. Mental approach, do's and don'ts, bad habits, emergency braking, swerving.
Followed by rider assessment (little Gymkana) and a practical ride in traffic.
Requirement: valid driver's licence, road legal motorcycle
The course is ideal for riders, who have been riding for a few years but want to become more proficient under most conditions.

2) Dynamic Road Riding
A three day course, taking you from Gauteng through to Mpumalanga. Included: two classroom sessions (PPT presentation, interactive discussion), two overnight stays (3/4* accomm.) road riding instruction at advanced level.
Requirement: valid driver's licence, road legal motorcycle. This course is not for beginners, preferable a few years riding experience.

The road skills course is based on riders in Gauteng. Other areas do require a minimum of three participants, to cover costs for transport and accommodation. Depending on bookings, I will be able to do the courses in KZN, EC, WC as well.

Bookings/contact details:

Rainer Moosmuller
Cell: +27 82 339 0886

e-mail: [email protected]