Newbie but old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machine

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR 750S
I joined the wild dogs site about a year back but was not very active.
I actually have a Dr650SE but the bike selection does not have one of those in the choices. I was looking for a Dakar, but on Saturday I picked up a '06 KLR 650. So now I have the two bikes. The DR is a great Machine especially when the SM rims get put on, but the range does not allow for adventure riding. I looked at getting the Safari 30l tank from RV Aqualine, and the Corbin seat, high screens etc. but it was going to work out to expensive. So I think I have the best of both worlds now.

For the last two years I have been dreaming about a trip through Africa. at the end of the month I am riding from Durban to Sani then through Lesotho down Qwacha's neck pass then back to durbs via South Coast. On the 3rd July I am doing a round trip from Durban to Massina to Tete to Lilongwe, then maybe to the top of Lake Malawi. returning to Durbs via Moz coast.

These are my training rides for the great trek through africa which hopefully I can pull off. The only concern is that a lot of people are warning me not to do the great trek "ace out" But to try and match up time schedules is not easy as I do not have one, when I get to london then thats the time I come home, NO TIME SCHEDULE.

So thats pretty much it.

oh I live in Durban and Sail for a living, if thats waht you wanted to know.

Cheers everyone.

Brett de Villiers..

Latest posts