Noneking's R 80 G/S PD- Sold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noneking

SKOOTHOND
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
So this is the story (and might even become a diary in future) of how a roadie ended up buying a bike and then fell in love with it..... I will use this thread to ask a lot of silly questions as I have NO CLUE how to maintain and care for an Airhead (or any other bike)....please be patient!! ;D

So......... a couple of weeks ago I saw a FOR SALE post for Wihan's R80 G/S PD on the forum. I was immediately drawn to the bike, despite knowing absolutely nothing about Airheads or the G/S in particular. I thought that an Airhead is something that becomes a Cafe Racer or Bobber..  :-[ :-[  I asked Wihan to email some pics and after spending hours staring at the photos and googling everything and anything about the bike, I knew that I had to have it. Contacted a couple of guys on the forum to ask advice about selling price etc and before I knew it, I had sent Wihan a message confirming that I would like to buy the bike.

To my shock and horror, Wihan informed me that there was another buyer who had first option. I was down in the dumps but kept on hassling Wihan about the bike. Somehow things took a turn for the better and the buyer Wihan had lined up could not get funds together. Bike was paid for in full without ever seeing it or meeting Wihan (don't you just love this forum??) and the long wait started....

Bike was delivered at my parent's house in PTA earlier this week after endless frustration with bike transport companies.  I arrived there late on Friday night. Inspected the bike with a useless camping headlight and after flooding it at first attempt to start it, I knew that this was not like anything I am used to. Last time I rode a carb bike, I didn't have hair under my arms yet..... Decided to try again in daylight next morning.

Attachments

• IMG_3802.jpg
    IMG_3802.jpg
    178.7 KB

Latest posts