Noob from Melbourne

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forester

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Hey everyone,

I've been told this is the place to get info and see what's happening in the SA adventure riding world.  I'm a South African living abroad and I've only managed to get into this since being here, so I'm not only out of touch with what's going on there, but more like not having been in touch at any stage.

I'm planning a trip with a friend in March and want to tackle the route from Baviaanskloof, through the Klein Karoo, then Worcester up towards Ceres and further up the West Coast, coming back down to Cape Town and back to George along the South Coast.  I've been dreaming about a trip like this pretty much all my life.  Growing up in Oudtshoorn I watched the Trans-Africa riders come through town and I always knew that this was what I was meant to do.  This'll be my first big trip.  We do short two, three day trips here in Victoria, but nothing like what I'm planning.  I'm following this trip up with one from Adelaide to Darwin and then who knows.

So, I'll be posting a couple of requests for info on where to go for some fun in the dirt, great mountain passes, accommodation, sites, etc.  I know the Klein Karoo from Oudtshoorn to about Bonnievale well, but aside from that I'll need loads of advice.  My friend's a pom, so I want to show him around and ensure he has a great time.

Great to read all the posts already.  A great community and a great country!

Cheers

Dean

Latest posts