Of heaven and hell - Now with added PICS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
You can all go to Hell, Ill go to heaven â?? Weltevrede.

While waiting for the day end run at work I quickly went to Weltevrede. Not far, quite close by but what a lovely road and what views! This is what I like!

Just on the pass side of Prince Albert is a signpost pointing to Weltevrede, follow the gravel road and look around, drinking in the scenery.

day2na6.jpg

day21og3.jpg

There are numerous dips, some with water running across, just enough to wash your tyres in, if you go slowly enough.

day22gk2.jpg

day23rp9.jpg

day24rf9.jpg

day25jq5.jpg

day26ys8.jpg

day27ft3.jpg

I went as far as Witplaat on a tweespoor road. It has some washaways but I would rate it 2 on the scale.

day28mg7.jpg

day29bw4.jpg

This one is for Tok Tokkie

day210yn7.jpg

This one for LGF

day211mh6.jpg

And this one for Trailrider

day212jp9.jpg

â??it has two wheels, handle bar and saddle, even pedals but hey â?? no bell â?? it cannot be a bike!â?

day213lh2.jpg

Hey! Who turned the world on it's side?

I encountered a sleepy sheep â?? was actually right next to it before it realized that I was there, then ran like the clappers â?? and that is what I like about going slowly and gently â?? you get to see so much more by way of wild life. Yesterday I had run alongside a little buck for a way â?? what a blast!

Returning I took a look at the bergafplaas â?? the third I had seen in the area â?? people are obviously dying to stay here.

day214hl4.jpg

Crossing the Styx

Then I went a little way along the pass road â?? only about five minutes â?? and then back.

day215yr3.jpg

Road used at own risk

day216hw7.jpg

Really a lovely ride.

Enjoy yourself & continue the scouting for good places for us to follow you to.

However, Google earth gives the co-ordinates of Witplaat, where I turned around as 33Deg 16'28.78S x 21Deg 46'52.22E

That is now very approximate but works for me - you MAY just find that those co-ordinates are for Ant Sannie se toilet  ;D ::)