Offroad ride from Gaborones to Okavango swamps.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifua

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Thinking about getting a ride together for dirt bikes mainly. The idea is to depart from Gaborones dam and head up through the centre of Botswana to Maun and from there make our way to the top of the Okavango. My dad has a private camp in the swamps with facilities for camping; boat, vehicle etc (town is called Shakawe). I estimate around 10 days (maybe less) of riding depending on conditions and turn out. Idea is to keep costs low, use smaller dirt bikes like XRs; DRZ; WR's etc and just point GPS in the general direction and ride up. Completely offroad. There would be backup vehicle support of course but the main idea is to ride. Easy enough to arrange fuel caches along the way and camping would be the preferred way to stay. I am looking at different routes and open to suggestions/experience. Anybody here interested? For those that have never seen the Okavango swamps, it would be a way to explore, ride and see an amazing site. If you are interested let me know....