Offroad trails around Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Can anyone recommend short daytrip offroad trails within 150km from Cape Town? Not into racing, just enjoying riding trails on our Dakars.
Thankyou.

EtienneNXR said:
There is a trials competition at durbanville hills tomorrow

trails - not trials.
;)

Best thing to do is get a map and explore it.
Or if you have a GPS I'm sure there are many dogs who can supply some routes.

Dakarman said:
Can anyone recommend short daytrip offroad trails within 150km from Cape Town? Not into racing, just enjoying riding trails on our Dakars.
Thankyou.

There is not much for 150km around the Cape :peepwall: A wee bit away...Yes :thumleft: For a day. Other than that is just tar around to the point and back :ricky:

From the Cape Enduro Forum

Hi, anyone whose interested, there's a trial(footups) being held in the Durbanville hills just past Fesantekraal on the M58 to Philadelphia as you go out of Durbanville to the north.
Turn right onto dirt road - Spes Bona - J Hugo, follow dirt around koppie to farm house and barns, sections are above and other side of farm house dam.
Event normally starts at 10am and finishes around 2 pm.

Come to Ceres,its Epic weekend,lots of fun at Ezelfontein,10ks out of town.

There is some info on www.cape-epic.com website.The best of the best in the world is here ,all about mountain biking.Sun,Mon and Tuesday.

Yami 900 said:
Dakarman said:
Thankyou.

There is not much for 150km around the Cape :peepwall: A wee bit away...Yes :thumleft: For a day. Other than that is just tar around to the point and back :ricky:
Actually , there are plenty of routes in the Cape area , plenty.

I think we need to organize another noob ride Crossed up !

And the foot ups was well worth going to.

I think we should all have first done footups then Motocross , enduro and then DS Biking.

This cooler weather is riding weather - before the rain comes.  There's a whole crop of new WDs in the Western Cape - let's do it!

Crossed-up said:
This cooler weather is riding weather - before the rain comes.  There's a whole crop of new WDs in the Western Cape - let's do it!
count me in

Andy660 said:
Yami 900 said:
Dakarman said:
Thankyou.

Actually , there are plenty of routes in the Cape area , plenty.

And the foot ups was well worth going to.

I think we should all have first done footups then Motocross , enduro and then DS Biking.

I cud'nt agree with you more especially your last sentence :thumleft: :thumleft:

And thanks to you we have been fortunate to discover all these routes in and around CPT!! ;)

Be grt to have another noob ride again.... :thumleft:

N[]vA said:
Crossed-up said:
This cooler weather is riding weather - before the rain comes.  There's a whole crop of new WDs in the Western Cape - let's do it!
count me in

Me to, please just not on the easter weekend if possible :biggrin:

i would also love to come....  fetching my "new" bike on thursday  :thumleft:

would love to meet all you guys and do some dirt riding

alexTH3man

Dis hoog tyd julle souties gaan vir 'n spin om Stellenbosch, Helshoogte, Peniel, Franshhoek... Daar is moer baie!!  :thumleft:

[/quote]

Yes please Andy you must organise another noob ride soon , pretty please  :p