Old playground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobCrouch

Not a bachelor.
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Decided I needed some more gravel time so I set out at 11.30 to find a place... ended up riding on the road from the R706 to Tierpoort, I grew up on a farm there and seeing all the familiar places was both soothing and disturbing. Most of the farms have been handed over to PDA farmers and not much is going on... Here and there a few farmers have some Lucerne fields, but mostly it seems the area has goon back to sheep farming.
First one is the view of Wolwekop and surrounds
Second is from the opposite side of the first
Then a view across some Lucerne to our old farmstead... in rack and ruin unfortunately, due to the 1988 floods and otherwise neglect by later owners. :-[
The spruit between the field and the farm used to be a place were myself and the farm labourers kids used to have a lot of fun with kleilatte and playing cowboys and crooks... nothing remains of the huts... washed away in the floods. The place has changed and seems so small now.
All in all a relaxing 120 odd kilos, my dirt confidence continues to grow. ;D

Attachments

• 100_4824 (Small).JPG
    100_4824 (Small).JPG
    32.8 KB
  • 100_4825 (Small).JPG
    100_4825 (Small).JPG
    34.8 KB
  • 100_4816 (Small).JPG
    100_4816 (Small).JPG
    54 KB
RobC said:
I was not good company when I set out today... got back in a much better mood. :ricky:
Anazing what a good ride and day on the dirt can do for one's soul and mind ;) I love Solo trips. Gives me plenty of time to think. Nice one ;)

blazes said:
RobC said:
I was not good company when I set out today... got back in a much better mood. :ricky:
Anazing what a good ride and day on the dirt can do for one's soul and mind ;) I love Solo trips. Gives me plenty of time to think. Nice one ;)

Couldn't agree more  :thumbsup:

Beats pills any day ;D