Olifants on a quad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marlene

We did the route we planned on doing 24/5 Nov on quads, it was a bit disappionting, the dirtroads were washed away and not accessible with a bike. At some places the road were turned into a waterfall. My offroad boots filled with water at some crossings. We stayed over on the Ivory Route at a camping site with 5 rondavels (sleeps 10), kitchen, diningroom and two bathrooms with HOT water.
On day two thing got from bad to worse with conditions deteriorating, rain and cold, the dirt roads were like rivers. We still enjoyed every minute, even after our quad got two puntures.
Will do the same route early next year on the bikes, we are going in December with 4x4's and keep you posted on the conditions of the roads.

Attachments

• Route 1.JPG
    Route 1.JPG
    66 KB
  • Route 2.JPG
    Route 2.JPG
    70.4 KB
  • Route 4.JPG
    Route 4.JPG
    61.5 KB
  • Route 6.JPG
    Route 6.JPG
    58.6 KB
  • Route day 2 a.JPG
    Route day 2 a.JPG
    94.5 KB
This is the campsite and the route day 2.

Attachments

• route day 2 b.JPG
    route day 2 b.JPG
    88.8 KB
  • Campsite 2.JPG
    Campsite 2.JPG
    88.7 KB
  • route day 2 d.JPG
    route day 2 d.JPG
    85.1 KB
  • route day 2 f.JPG
    route day 2 f.JPG
    72.2 KB
  • route day 2 g JPG.JPG
    route day 2 g JPG.JPG
    74.5 KB
More pics!

Attachments

• route day 2 e.JPG
    route day 2 e.JPG
    76.6 KB
  • nice car!.JPG
    nice car!.JPG
    95.4 KB
  • Dirt road 1.JPG
    Dirt road 1.JPG
    66.9 KB
Marlene said:
...on quads, it was a bit disappionting, the dirtroads were washed away and not accessible with a bike....

Nice pics Marlene

I must admit, I have not spent much time on a quad so I'm no expert on the subject...but...
Is it really easier to cross difficult terrain with a quad than with a bike? I would not have thought so

Nice pics Marlene. What's wrong with the terrain? Looks purrrrrrfect to me. Still need to find a quad that will go where we can go on a scoot.

LuckyStriker said:
Marlene said:
...on quads, it was a bit disappionting, the dirtroads were washed away and not accessible with a bike....

Nice pics Marlene

I must admit, I have not spent much time on a quad so I'm no expert on the subject...but...
Is it really easier to cross difficult terrain with a quad than with a bike? I would not have thought so

It's easier because you can't fall down! ha ha ha . .

Thanks for the report, I've ridden quads plenty of times and they can be fun, but nothing beats 2 wheels.

That route looks like fun, even in those conditions. >:D