Opinions (good or bad) on Evolution Cordura adventure riding pants please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
My el-cheapo riding pants took a real beating recently and (fortunately ;D) its time for an upgrade. I also wish to avoid the mistakes of the past -

- Only having one press stud holding your broek up is not a sharp idea as (after some time) it tends to wear and jump open quickly followed by your fly :patch: This problem is compounded by the additional stress placed thereon by the side-straps.

- Having airvents sitting on the sides of your legs is not cool - they should be on top of your legs.

- Having non-removable knee protection means that going to the little boys room for a number two results in having to strip your boots and pants off. On wet floors that is not a nice thing to do :eek:

- Not having expandable bottom halves means that I must always tuck my pants into my boots making me look more rounded than I have to :mwink:

- Not having decent knee protection.

- Not having any additional (rain or cold) protection.

The pants that I found which best seems to address all these issues was the EVO.

Not being cheap at R2700 - R3400K I do not want to make a mistake and buy something that I will not be happy with.

On an old thread it was claimed that - 

"Evolution make the best adventure gear, their pants have vents on the knee, ce approved protectors, removeable water proof lining & removeable winter lining"

So, what do the wise dogs advise?