Parys 26 January

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splash

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
What a brilliant day it turned out to be. Clear skies and dry roads. We found out that it had not really rained for a week in Parys which for the most part made the roads most enjoyable. Really amazing to be able to ride alongside the Vaal River and not be surrounded by developments. The ride down was rather quick as we stuck to tar. After stopping in Parys we found the routes turnoff with the help of a GPS but after that, it was intuative. Had lunch again in Parys at Spur. They know how to serve meat in the Free State. It seemed short but I think due to the variety of scenery. Always a surprise around every corner. Highly recommended and worth doing again.
Splash

Attachments

• DSC03357.JPG
    DSC03357.JPG
    74.8 KB
  • DSC03359.JPG
    DSC03359.JPG
    75.5 KB
  • DSC03363.JPG
    DSC03363.JPG
    65.8 KB
  • DSC03372.JPG
    DSC03372.JPG
    80.3 KB
  • DSC03378.JPG
    DSC03378.JPG
    74.8 KB
Hey Splash

I think I saw you guys on Saturday morning  ???

My wife and I were away for our aniversary and I was driving my trusty old landy (green disco tdi). 

You guys came down the gravel road (best gravel road ive been on since Hogsback) towards Venterskroon.  I actually waived and both of you waived back  ;D

Was that you guys ?

Hi Hildalgo
That was us - surprisingly few cars on the road. We may have passes a hand full at most. The roads were amazing - really felt like I was flying - my bike has as also just been serviced which helps.
Splash

We did the same route on Sunday. Birddog will be posting the pics and ride report. A lovely ride.

Next time I want to start early and ride both sides of the river from Sasolburg out the turning point at the low water bridge you show in your picture and then back to Parys for lunch.

We were surprised by how good the roads were.

I must do it again soon!

Nice one Splash. Not Training for the Midmar i see. ;D ;D ;D

I knew it must have been wilddogs .... we are a friendly bunch (even driving my cage I still got a waive back)

Yes that road was so amazing we were using the front loader and the cd did not stop once, it was like driving on tar even better - no potholes  :eek:

Will definately go back there but on the dak and soon !!

blazes said:
Nice one Splash. Not Training for the Midmar i see. ;D ;D ;D
Serious withdrawal symptoms - had to do a ride. And did I enjoy, myself. Taking a "long" taper before Midmar. Two weeks to go!

Hi Splash,

Those roads really look good. Please post again if you decide to go back, I would love to go ride in that area.