Parys Dome 20080330

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithey

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Im trying to turn this area into my local riding ground. Going to be hitting it every weekend if possible.

Left VDBP on Sunday at around 11:30am. Out by myself - long story. Stopped at Legends in Parys for a pint of the finest. Ended up having a few whilst i toyed with google earth on the phone.

Hit the road again about 2pm  :-\

Looked like it was going to rain at one stage but i wasnt bothered as it might give me a chance to test out the new rain suit. I also need to try and get as much riding time done this year as i can.

Beautiful scenery and lekker dirt roads. I really enjoyed this ride, being by myself it gave some time to reflect on things and practice my cow moo's with out people laughing. Much more confident now as well - as i have spare tubes and a few more tools in the kit bag.

Basic photos of the route and me trying to be a smarty pants with the camera. About 2 hours riding on dirt and then i stopped in at Legends on the way home. A mistake i wont repeat  :mad: Not the place or the friendly people, being the moer in with the g/f makes a man dors.

Last pic is the map im using to make my routes easier to plan. Found it really nice to stand and plan a route on a BIG map. By years end hopefully every dirt road on it will be highlighted.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMAGE_114.jpg
    IMAGE_114.jpg
    165.1 KB
  • IMAGE_116.jpg
    IMAGE_116.jpg
    223.8 KB
  • IMAGE_118.jpg
    IMAGE_118.jpg
    151.6 KB
  • IMAGE_119.jpg
    IMAGE_119.jpg
    199.4 KB
  • IMAGE_123.jpg
    IMAGE_123.jpg
    241.5 KB
Looks like your number plate is still - "out there".

I see your bike also suffer from the KLR indicator problem.

Nice pic's though. I also love that area and will go back soon for a slow and scenic ride.

Kykdaar said:
Looks like your number plate is still - "out there".

Nice pic's though. I also love that area and will go back soon for a slow and scenic ride.

Sick of waiting for replacements on the indicators, made a plan  :D

The number plate, hahahaha, only remembered halfway round to take it off before i lost it.

They are doing quite a bit of taring out this way so dont delay your trips for to long. Ill get pics next time.

Kykdaar said:

What problem would that be, can't see anything wrong in the pics?

Nice seeing the new KLR out, thanks for sharing.

The back indicators are not stock. Stock indicators ripped to bits from being kak quality. Found the new set on a junk wall at a local bike shop. R100 for both.

Nice pics

Looks like a lekker ride - do a bit of advertising before your next trip out there & I think you might get quite a crowd of WD's to ry saam ( assuming you want us all along for the ride , that is  !)

regards
WHS >:D