Parys - Sunday 6 July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
Been keen lately to take a longer ride with a good mix of tar and nice scenic gravel. :thumleft:

I will therefore be riding down to Parys and doing the loop around the Vaal river as that fits the bill nicely. It comes down to a distance of roughly 396km in total from the Pinehaven Sasol in Krugersdorp (S26 03.695 E27 49.879) and back.

The intention is to stick to tar all the way to Parys, do the gravel loop at a relaxed pace, have a relaxed lunch and head back on tar. This is a great ride that I have done once before and which I am keen to do again.

Now - this is not one of those democratic planning threads that changes a hundred times along the way >:D. and only bad weather should lead to a cancellation.

I will arrive at Pinehaven Sasol around 7.30 am on Sunday morning and will leave from there at 8.00 am sharp.

If you are keen on a nice scenic ride over some distance and want to come along then you are more than welcome. Tar speeds will be an easy 120-130km/h and gravel 5-100km/h (depending on conditions and scenic value).

I will try to attach the route (hope it works)

Cheers

Attachments

• Parys loop.gdb
    59.7 KB · Views: 27