PE DOG Sunday June 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMWPE

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
The route taken by

Gunther
BMWPE

Met and left from Figtree at 8.30am
Stopped at Colchestor for a cup of coffee
Then at Kinkelbos turned on to gravel which came out just before Alexandria
had breakfast at Tamjozi Padstal

From Alex to Salem
Then on to N2 back home
Arrived at 2.30pm
Nice short ride to keep the battery charged
Only 272 km

Attachments

• Sunday 1 June.JPG
    Sunday 1 June.JPG
    156.9 KB
more

Attachments

• Kinkelbos June 1st 6.jpg
    Kinkelbos June 1st 6.jpg
    134.9 KB
  • Kinkelbos June 1st 7.jpg
    Kinkelbos June 1st 7.jpg
    147.7 KB
  • Kinkelbos June 1st 8.jpg
    Kinkelbos June 1st 8.jpg
    150.9 KB
  • Kinkelbos June 1st 9.jpg
    Kinkelbos June 1st 9.jpg
    180 KB
That's another beautiful piece of the country I'd like to ride one day, but that's what I always say. Thanks for sharing, now I'm also longing for a long road, an open throttle and a couple of hundred kilo's of sight seeing.

Uncle said:
That's another beautiful piece of the country I'd like to ride one day, but that's what I always say. Thanks for sharing, now I'm also longing for a long road, an open throttle and a couple of hundred kilo's of sight seeing.

Well then, Oompie.... why not join Sidetrack and come doen in July for the EC Bash...  8)

Carnivore said:
Uncle said:

Well then, Oompie.... why not join Sidetrack and come doen in July for the EC Bash...  8)

The only way that is going to happen is if someone has a serious discussion with Tito and explains to him what his interest rate hikes is doing to me.  :'(  Eish, it is not pretty.
Tell you what though, it won't last forever, and I'm already marking a couple of those routes for a tour of SA that I've got planned for some time next year.

Seeing as BMWPE is off-line, I can answer that for you...

Yes. There are a few sandy patches near the Kinkelbos side, but otherwise it is all good stuff.
You have to watch out for cattle crossing from one farm yard to the meadows over the road, and there is often lots of cow patties to dodge! Also, there are farms with quads, ridden by youngsters who suddenly emerge onto the road...

Once, this youngster popped out in front of me, and I dunno what made him look over his shoulder, cos my bike has a standard quiet pipe... I could almost see him poo his pants.

No, we did not collide. I was forewarned, from a close encouter just a kay back, involving a farmer on a workhorse quad - also got himself a moerse fright.

The stretch from Alex to Canon Rocks is known as the milkrun - past all the dairy farms, and is a fantastic hard road with stunning seaviews.

Here is a gps file...

Attachments

• OFFROAD TO PORT ALFRED.gdb
    7.3 KB
Carnivore said:
Seeing as BMWPE is off-line, I can answer that for you...

Yes. There are a few sandy patches near the Kinkelbos side, but otherwise it is all good stuff.
You have to watch out for cattle crossing from one farm yard to the meadows over the road, and there is often lots of cow patties to dodge! Also, there are farms with quads, ridden by youngsters who suddenly emerge onto the road...

Once, this youngster popped out in front of me, and I dunno what made him look over his shoulder, cos my bike has a standard quiet pipe... I could almost see him poo his pants.

No, we did not collide. I was forewarned, from a close encouter just a kay back, involving a farmer on a workhorse quad - also got himself a moerse fright.

The stretch from Alex to Canon Rocks is known as the milkrun - past all the dairy farms, and is a fantastic hard road with stunning seaviews.

Here is a gps file...

Done the milk run ,Canon rocks will be my destination and I wanna do as much dirt as possible with the missus so she can understand a bit more .I definately don't want to drop the bike on our first little dirt road .

So Kinkelbos - Alex - Milkrun and into Cannon Rocks sounds good to me .

Thanks for info Carnivore. :)

When?

;D  ;D  ;D

Opps - the gps file: The section past Leeukop up to Alex is a private road with a locked gate! You must use the leg marked kntn alterntv

:-[