PE to Cape Town - route suggestions please..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnivore

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hullo Boys and Girls,

This old fart is leaving PE at 4 am on Thursday 1st November, heading for Cape Town.
And returning by the evening of Tuesday 6th.

Please suggest some must-see places and must-ride features for the up and the down rides. I am riding alone, but do not skrik for anything.

Looking through Spot The Location and various ride reports has got me in a mental logjam... I can select every little road on Mapsource, but will I make the best choices? I would rather ride where others have experienced wonderful moments.

Via the N2 is 780km - done it soooooo many times - so I am prepared to ride 1100 km, till 8pm... so please let me have your suggestions. If you have a picture of  the place, or road, I would appreciate you posting it.

I love gravel so have a T63 on the back and a TKC80 on the front. My bike is a F650GS.

I will make a auto route of all suggestions and see how it pans out - in fact, feel free to compile a route for me!

I would like to see Aghullas, and ride the Malagas Pont... would also like to go via Mosselbaai and Hermanus to see friends.

I have done Swartberg Pass, but not Seweweeks yet... like I said, an up and a down route...!  :thumleft:
Little low-level bridges, sweeping passes and vistas out over the Karoo, or the Hex River Valley... Twisting roads through orchards and winelands.. Old forgotten and neglected routes which have been replaced by newer highways...

Stuff to stirr the heart and give one hope for the future.

Anyone who wants to invite me in for a Java and a biscuit - PM your locale.  :patch:

:sip:

Bring it on!