Planning a ride...in August

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I've got some off time in August, want to do a trip - a week long trip, mostly dirt riding - camping next to the road or wherever. Making a lekka braai, drinking a couple of cold ones underneath the night skye... always been a dream of mine. Should ride a good distance every day.

Was thinking of Namibie but I guess more time is needed to do it properly. Mozambique might be closer. Botswana...

I don't know and that's the thing. I need a dog with some experience - who has done this, who knows which roads to take and so on, who knows what can be accomplished in 7-8 days. this will be a first for me.

So...I'm open to suggestions,unfortunately I'm not so open to the time, trip can only be after first week in august, can go until end of month - but trip shouldn't really be longer than a full week. Might go as much as 8 days, but that's it.

I've got a 1150GS, also DR650...which one I take I guess depends on the roads we'll take. I'm inclined towards DR so option is there for some technical riding as well. Let me know if your interested. Ideally, a group of say 2-4 guys. I'm keen if we are only two