Planning to ride, need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bees

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Yes manne,

We are planning to do a ride on this komende Saturday (10 Oct '09), and we need some advice or suggestions on where to go.
I bought a 1150 beginning of this year and have now done a few thousand kilos on it so I feel much more confident, have not done any off-road except for probably a few k's on some gravel road. I have off-road experience cause I had a 250 2-stroke a while back.
My buddy bought a 1200GS a few weeks back and have very little experience and no off-road experience and our other chom is waiting for his 1200 to be delivered this week, and we want to go do a ride Saterday.
We will start from centurion and are looking to do some gravel and tar but because of the lack of experience would not want a serious difficult road, I may take my wife as a pillion.

Can you guys maybe give me some roads we can consider to go ride, say a gravel and tar road, rate it by difficulty and so forth, maybe more than one so we can decide what we would like te go try out, maybe one which we can do with a pillion and one with-out or something of the sort.
Would really appreciate the advice from a dog or two  :thumleft: thanks manne