Priorities priorities priorities... please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boertjie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
OK, WOA is open in Somerset West and I need to go spend some hard earned cash... urgently. But the question is what to buy and what to leave till later?

What do you say is the top priorities? What should I buy this round? If I can only spend, let us say R3 to 5k, what should I get?

I have a great bike... tick!  :thumleft: Sure, if I won the lotto, I will upgrade to multiple bikes... but alas  :dousing:
I have a jacket... now probably 3 years old and showing some signs of wear and tear after probably 50% of everyday usage and some offs... maybe  :mwink:
I have all the luggage that I need to tour anywhere any time... tick.  :thumleft:
I do not have offroad boots  :-\ I ride with high CAT steel toe safety shoes. I feel protected, but know that my ankles and lower legs are vulnerable in a major fall (mainly off-road). Reality is that I spend 90+ of riding on tar  :eek7:  So maybe boots?
What about a Leatte neck brace? Have never had one, but do believe that it will be great protection... sort of parachute stuff  :mwink:
Or should it rather be a balistic vest so that I can ride without the jacket?  :-\
Or what about a GPS with T4A?  Could use this in other circumstances as well... in the 4x4 etc!  :mwink:
Maybe a COMS system to be able to communicate with the wife, do the phone, GPS etc ?