Question about Swaziland and Nelspruit/Komatipoort/Graskop area...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eisbein

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi there!

It's been too long since me and Rogue have done a two-up-one-bike tour that's further than the Western Cape borders.

I'm sitting with my passport in one hand and mapsource in the other...

There's lots of other routes getting there, but in short my questions are the following:

- Given the fact that we are going to spend a day or three in Komatipoort doing the 'without luggage max 500 km per day ride around', what would you reccomend for the 2 days that we can do outrides ?

- From Jozie to Komati, the two options are via Long Tom and Lydenburg or via Waterval Boven and Kaapsehoop. What route is the best and why ? (No need for long essays, just a quick 'what would I miss'. If you could add a photo I would appreciate that as well.)

From Komati we want to make our way through Swaziland and down do Durban.
The morning early we'll leave Komati and then spend the day (and night) in Swaziland somewhere and then continue the next day early at a leisurely pace on to Durbs.

About Swaziland:

- Where can I stay that's not too expensive ? (The only place I know is Ezulwini Sun and I don't think that's considered 'budget' ;D ;D  ). We don't want to camp as we are not going to take a tent with, but it can be very very basic. Any ideas ?

- About a route - I don't want plastic bike stuff and we are going to be there on one bike, so if I lose the plot it might be an issue with no backup or other 'known help', but we wouldn't want to miss out on too much either ;D
What is the suggestion for a route that starts at Komati and ends (two days later) in Durban ?

Thanks all!