Re: Captain Zef's in Michigan USA

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Found my favorite aircraft. Its a glider.

Dolfie op WD is n springbok glider pilot. Dis ongelooflik wat hulle met daai langvlerk planes kan doen. OK hulle kan net nie self opstyg nie!!;)
:LOL:

Vintage_Mania

1979 Honda CB400T
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
A couple of friends here have fast cars for weekend good weather driving. I think this is my choice. A super car for a fat man. They are surprisingly cheap. 2013 model shown.

View attachment 787544
I have been to the US a few times now, but my one wish list item is to travel from the East coast all the way to the West coast over a period of about 6 weeks, swinging south from New York through the bible belt and then back up via Las Vegas to LA and taking our first homeward flight back from San Francisco. Staying on the country roads and experiencing true rural America.

My plan is to purchase an older true American V8 saloon car like a Cadillac, Oldsmobile or Lincoln in NY to do the trip in. There are plenty available and can be had for less than $2000 in what appears to be good condition. This will be far less than hiring a little Tupperware on wheels for the duration and I might even recoupe some funds when on the West coast, if not, I’ll just give the keys to the parking lot attendant at the airport.

1999 CADILLAC DeVILLE - $1,500 (WEST NYACK, NY)​

1660454524392.png
1660454551652.jpeg

Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
I have been to the US a few times now, but my one wish list item is to travel from the East coast all the way to the West coast over a period of about 6 weeks, swinging south from New York through the bible belt and then back up via Las Vegas to LA and taking our first homeward flight back from San Francisco. Staying on the country roads and experiencing true rural America.

My plan is to purchase an older true American V8 saloon car like a Cadillac, Oldsmobile or Lincoln in NY to do the trip in. There are plenty available and can be had for less than $2000 in what appears to be good condition. This will be far less than hiring a little Tupperware on wheels for the duration and I might even recoupe some funds when on the West coast, if not, I’ll just give the keys to the parking lot attendant at the airport.

1999 CADILLAC DeVILLE - $1,500 (WEST NYACK, NY)​

View attachment 787574
View attachment 787575
Sounds like an awesome trip but consider taking the Lincoln off your list since it is in essence Ford and I have had very bad experience with old V8 Fords this year in America. So much so that I have developed and allergic reaction of sort when I see an old V8 Ford. Overheating in the Summer and spitting out spark plugs…left me next to the road 4 times so far this year and I am still driving one🙈

Old Cadillac and Oldsmobile good options, it seems these old Oldsmobiles just never dies.
Keep in consideration the ‘on the road fees’ which you pay when you register the vehicle is about $400 including the tag and they post it to you depending which State which means your trip mat be on hold for a week.
Insurance will cost you around $130+ on a SA license.