REAL WORLD REVIEW ( SEEKING INFO)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Gents I am looking to find some real world info and only if you have used them give your input . I ride a 1190 KTM adventure "S" , Have for most of its live fitted Metzler Tourance tyres , they are no longer available in the sizes required . This had me have top make different choices and I got a good deal on a Kenda Big block Paver , nice tyre but not 100% happy . loss of traction on wet paving was biggest concern and its noticeably squaring off with only 5000 ks on it , the Metz would show this with about double the milage . I did a long trip in December and just before I left decided to fit a new front , BTWarehouse suggested I fit a MOTOZ tractionator gps , I was a bit hesitant , tyre looked more "offroad" but the price suited the budget and it was done , Pleasantly surprized by the handing and grip of the tire. I such a way that I want to fit a rear as well .
I have read most of the reviews online and most say its a good tyre , lasts well with attaining 15000 kilos easy on a loaded adventure bike .
On Saturday I went past a KTM dealer , checked there tyre bay and enquired if they stocked MOTOZ , was informed NO , and they wont as one of their clients on a new 1290 wrote his bike off after slipping in a corner ,( bikes fitted with Motoz) found it hard to believe , but did not want to get into a argument . Its possible , but he did not offer more information , I crashed in a corner that was covered in diesel and oil . Was just in the wrong place and wrong time .
So if you have used MOTOZ on a 1190/1290 KTM do mostly road riding what is your first hand experience ?

Then spot lights ( additional lights )
Again aware most fit spots to be seen rather than to see at night as very few ride at night. But it does happen . I was on my way home from Mosselbay and after a pitstop in Colesburg decide to ride home , early morning , left at 2..30 odd and the spots fitted worked well .
Now I have seen many GS bikes with more than one set of spots fitted and photos of then with quite a big set of led driving lights . The spots I have on could be 10w , the website says they 36w but not sure . beam is closer to a pencil beam and a wider spread would be way more suitable . So this has me thinking to add another set . On the 1190 is it worth fitting spots on the crash bar? Mine is fitted on the OEM brackets below the headlight , was thinking of finding a set with a wider beam pattern and replace the current ones , then fit them directly under the headlight . have two switches to turn then on individually , can then run the 10w spots as additional DLR and use the wide beam ones when requires at night for better illumination.
Would like to make informed decisions , not just blindly buy something and it does not work . Finally it must also look the part . just fitting stuff is not ajoba .