Replacement upgrade gear lever for Dakar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBendIt

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Dakar owners out there will know that almost every time you and your bike donner over on the left hand side you will either bend or break the gear lever - this has happened to me in baviaans x 2, lesotho, sutherland and again last sunday on the ride to darling with XT660R and other wild dogs - I have bent mine "straight" so many times it is about to break from metal fatigue. I have been on trips with other Dakar owners whose trips have been cut short cos of broken gear lever

I have long been dreaming of a gear lever with a hinged toe bit that folds inwards if the bike falls over - almost every other DS bike has this.

Today my little dream came true - the gear lever from the new X Challenge (not cheap at R610) is a perfect fit on a Dakar and has the important foldy bit.

It looks great, made of super strong but lightweight aluminium and the Part number is 23417696884

I bought one and was so chuffed I wheelied all 26 km from Atlantic Motorrad to my house (another dream of mine)