Rickie Louw a Monster en a KLR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithey

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
First report,  bear with me on the photos and placing the text - might be a bit deur mekar.

Saturday 2008/02/09 at Outlaws.

Went to bed early Friday night hoping to get an early start Saturday. Got woken up at
5.45am by two friends who thought it was still Friday. Got rid of them by 6.30am and jumped back into bed for another half hour - big mistake. Woke up at 9:20ish and started the days chores round the house.

We were meeting at about 12 at a place called Outlaws. Its about 15 minutes ride from my house. I didnt even know it existed till Thursday.

Outlaws is more of a 4x4 quad riding place. Its sandy...... very sandy. Its on the road from Vanderbijlpark to Heilbron. Ill get gps co-ords from google earth. Lekker place. Lots of shade. Braais and a kiff track system. Porta potties, so its kinda ruff it. There is a drag strip, a quarey, jumps and a lot of trails you can ride. One trail in the monster took about 45 minutes to complete.

Below, pictures of the place and the one track.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    171.6 KB
  • Pic6.jpg
    Pic6.jpg
    162.1 KB
  • Pic50.jpg
    Pic50.jpg
    177.3 KB
  • Pic51.jpg
    Pic51.jpg
    175.3 KB
  • Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    169.5 KB
The monster - home built pipe car. More of a hummer with out the shell. hahahahaha this puts hummers to shame if you ask me. Its a huge !!!!

The trailer this thing gets around on, is HUGE.

Attachments

• Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    230.3 KB
  • Pic4.jpg
    Pic4.jpg
    197.7 KB
  • Pic5.jpg
    Pic5.jpg
    188.4 KB
  • Pic7.jpg
    Pic7.jpg
    157.4 KB
Ja, now its my first ride out in the rough with the boys. And they wanna see what the KLR can do. 3 beers 2 tripple ricky louwes en ek is reg. By this time im not so scared im gonna trash the bike, and if i do, well its character for the bike. Im a pup, and pups wanna be dawgs !!

Rode the strip a few times, up and down. Sand sucks, i gotta say. Really tough going on the body, and the mind. "Eeeeeechoo ek gaan nou val" was all i was thinking.

Attachments

• Pic9.jpg
    Pic9.jpg
    124.9 KB
  • Pic10.jpg
    Pic10.jpg
    120.6 KB
  • Pic11.jpg
    Pic11.jpg
    130.6 KB
But i done it. All i wanted was a kiff photo of me catching air to post here. Ja. I got the photo.... me catching sand.

Over the first jump, got air.....a whole 10cm :) photo is just when i landed. "Wooooohoooooo" Ek vang sommer die volgende een ook ek is nou so braav" KASSIES..... i came over the jump into a pile of sand, lost controll, and bailed into the ground. Jou Moer.........

Backup crew comes running to my rescue..... i gave the thumbs up. Eks mos lekker ge-sous en voel soes 'Hell Rider" op die oomblik.

Bike starts first time and we head to the cars to check the damage. The crew is laughing their heads off by this time reciting to me how funny it looked when i kissed the sand. Branna wyn is mos lekker em ALLES is snaaks. No real damage except another flicker trashed. Somehow i dont think the dealer is going to believe this one is a warrantee call. A few winds of insulation tape and we are ready to go.

Attachments

• Pic21.jpg
    Pic21.jpg
    208.6 KB
  • Pic24.jpg
    Pic24.jpg
    194.7 KB
  • Pic23.jpg
    Pic23.jpg
    130.9 KB
  • Pic22.jpg
    Pic22.jpg
    166.6 KB
  • Pic26.jpg
    Pic26.jpg
    237.5 KB
We took the monster to the quarey to put it through its paces. As you guys know, if you dont break something it aint been a good day. Right front shock snaped off after about 30 minutes. Fannie, the car owner laughs, "ons gaan hom nou afry. These pipe car lads are mental :)

I rode the same track as the monster in the quarey. Big mistake that i never showed the camera operator how the camera works. They told me the pics were fantastic - they werent on the camera when i got home :( next time.

Attachments

• Pic16.jpg
    Pic16.jpg
    236.5 KB
  • Pic18.jpg
    Pic18.jpg
    207.7 KB
  • Pic19.jpg
    Pic19.jpg
    195 KB
  • Pic20.jpg
    Pic20.jpg
    213.9 KB
  • Pic17.jpg
    Pic17.jpg
    243.8 KB
We found some water, and it had to ride it.

Im still brave and get on the back of the truck at Fannie's request. He is going to shower me in mud. I say my prayers and away we go. Hay, the prayers work and monster dies :) Now its my turn to laugh.

We get it started and head back to the camp. Light up the braai, gooi nog a dop and relax in the shade.

Attachments

• Pic12.jpg
    Pic12.jpg
    238.7 KB
  • Pic13.jpg
    Pic13.jpg
    235.2 KB
  • Pic14.jpg
    Pic14.jpg
    185.8 KB
My older brother in Scotland now says i have the Michael Jackson glove to match my gay helmet. :D

Attachments

• Pic8.jpg
    Pic8.jpg
    246.5 KB
Hehe..brannas hettie brieke nie ;D ;D ;D

Lyk na fun!

All in all it was a lekker day.

Outlaws is not exactly an adventure riding spot but its a hell of a day out. For practicing sand riding id give it 10/10. For finding courage - 10/10 the hills in the quarey made me remember im a man and still have two.

Damage Report.

One snapped shock - the monster.
One snapped flicker - KLR650
One eina right wrist.
One right knee in a brace this morning - not serious.

The Venue: Outlaws

R50 to get in.
Lots of sand.... have i said sand yet :)
Nice shade.
Braai's.
Porta potty toliets.
No running water - take your own.

Enjoy.

Lekka man, looks like you okes had a very nice day.

Thanks for the report.

Got those GPS co'ords please?

I knew i forgot something.

I hope this is right - first time im lifting co-ords from google earth.

26 47 12.93 S    27 55 02.35 E

Lekker speelding daai pyp kar.  :razz:

Looks like the "Bosvark" we used to hunt rabbits in Ellisras back then.

That pipe car looks like my kind of toy. I really like over the top obnoxious shit. I want one