RIDE HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH. SAT 14 MAY 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMBO

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR350
I will be undertaking another shooting from the saddle session on Saturday morning 14th May 2011.  The exercise is designed to be enjoyable, and to discover better ways to safely and accurately shoot a hand gun while riding a D.S. bike.  The main exercise is to engage 5 targets on the left, and 5 targets on the right in two separate maneuvers while on the move in open but level veld.  There may be other exercises in connection with D.S. bikes. 

Gun handling techniques will be paramount, and rigorously discussed. 

Until we find a better way this exercise will require the gun to be in the left hand, while steering and throttle control is carried out by the right hand. 

Good / easy holster access will be important, both for drawing and stowing the firearm. 

The double action revolver is ideally suited for this exercise.  The semi-auto will demand special ready procedure / discussion. 

Reloading both DA revolver and Semi-auto while astride the bike deserve special consideration. 

Targets will be a wire frame with A4 paper targets taped on and pushed into the ground. 

I propose interested persons meet at 19 Flamingo Avenue, Fourways (armed) at 07h15.  Coffee will be served from 07h00.  Participants can partake in a brief discussion of intentions, and ride out for the shooting grounds at 08h15.  It will be an interesting 45 minute semi cross-country ride to the venue.

Pillions and observers are welcome. 

While I would be pleased to know who is coming, you can just pitch up. 

Thank you.