RIDE HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH. SAT 16/10/2010 AM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMBO

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR350
I am undertaking a riding and shooting (from the saddle) session for Saturday morning 16 Oct. 2010.  The exercise is envisioned to be some fun, and to discover better ways to safely and accurately shoot a hand gun while riding a D.S. bike.  The main exercise is to engage 5 targets on the left, and 5 targets on the right in two separate maneuvers, while on the move in open but level veld. 

Gun handling techniques will be paramount. 

Until we find a better way this maneuver will require the gun to be in the left hand, while throttle control and steering is taken care of by the right hand. 

Good holster access will be important. 

The double action revolver is ideally suited to this exercise.  The semi auto will demand special ready procedure. 

Shooting left handed to the right is tricky.  Body armour and chest guards can be an obstruction. 

Reloading both DA revolver and semi auto while astride the bike deserve special consideration. 

Targets will be a wire frame with A4 paper targets taped on and pushed into the ground. 

I propose interested participants meet at 19 Flamingo Avenue, Fourways (armed) at 07h00.  Coffee available from 06h45.  Partake of a brief discussion of intentions, and leave for the shooting grounds at 08h00.  It will be an interesting 40 minute semi cross country ride. 

Pillions and observers are welcome.  Infact, if it is a success, we can try it again with pillion shooters. 

While you can just pitch up, I would be pleased to know who is coming. 

Thank you.

Latest posts