Riding the decommissioned railway tracks of the Western Cape?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buff

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Okay, so in lasts months copy of Offroad & Adv there's a story of the author and his laaitie riding their quad from Wolseley to Ceres on the old abandoned railway line through the mountains. It looked so flippen cool 8)
He strongly suggests that it would be possible to do the route on a dual sport bike as well so I went and looked at how long the route was... alas, only around 13km's  :( I was hoping for something a little more substantial so this is also a call for help rather than just a "planning a ride" thread :thumleft:
This is what it looks like on Google... railroad in Blue. Short but pretty awesome including a tunnel.

So who else knows about some abandoned train tracks in the WC that we can ride and maybe link together? Anyone on here work for SA rails that could help us out?

Anyone keen to do the existing one between Wolseley and Ceres so long? Maybe the 9th June? I'm sure we can work in a few back roads to Wolseley & back.

Attachments

• Railroute_Ceres.jpg
    Railroute_Ceres.jpg
    446.6 KB