ROK straps, better than sliced toast.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michnus

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I know Jacko will not agree with me, he find the tie down straps a better option for securing luggage on a bike. Although nothing wrong with it, they do have one draw back. As you ride the luggage shift and compact constantly in your bags. Eventually the traps are hanging loose and your luggage start to shift. Tie downs are a necessary item to a bike tool bag, you can also use them for towing, but to tie stuff on a bike, the ROK straps works better.

The ROK straps are much stronger than your normal bicycle bungee cords and the made of hanger wire hooks. These straps have a 30kg carrying capacity and believe me they can squeeze your luggage properly. You get them with hook's or Velcro straps with clips. Soft panniers are better secured with the ROK straps to a bike than with tie downs, on our Angola trip where we first used the tie downs, they constantly had to be re tightened, with our last trip we used the ROK straps and they worked very well with the soft panniers.

As far as I know Touratech sells them and Bikegear are also selling them, for what it's worth, I have been using them and if you want to reward yourself with a long term addition to your bike gear, they rate up there with importance of your tyre repair kit.
Don't confuse them with normal bungee cords, they are rubbish.

Attachments

• bungee_cord_.jpg
    bungee_cord_.jpg
    22.8 KB
  • rok hook.jpg
    rok hook.jpg
    11.1 KB
  • rokstrap.jpg
    rokstrap.jpg
    61.5 KB