ROUTE ADVISE CAPETOWN TO JHB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Good morning , I have planned ,booked and paid for my route down to Cape town in December , very happy with what I have done up to now , but I have a bit of a problem on deciding the route home . We are departing from SALDANA  on the morning of 27 December , but not sure of the direction to take . Have given R62 thought but we have a pitstop booked in Oudshoorn on the way down , not to keen to go back and then its either Meiringspoort and the dreaded straight road  up to Beaufort west or Back to Middleburg . at least this route has some mountain passes .
We would like to experience a different route coming home . Another headache is that  new years falls on Friday and here we also need an idea of a good destination to see in the new year . but then is a hard butt ride home on Saturday / Sunday as I need to start the new year on Monday 3 JAN
GUYS PLEASE HELP !
We have the option open to go north from Saldana and come home via Upington , or  over  Calvinia , But this will end up back on the N12 . lots of options ,but not easy to decide .