Sand in Parklands playtime (Rubicon video added)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleco

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
The wind was howling on Sunday, making conditions a little unpleasant and the sand quite soft.

There were a few new faces, and a few familiar ones.

Here is a small video of Eish, Doug C and Superten having some fun.

Rubicon got a little tired from all her riding, so I had a chance to get on the bike and push the guys a little.  :biggrin:

[flash=480,385]https://www.youtube.com/v/ePwjKGbaIxs[/flash]

Rubicon's video. Running nicely, and 1 or 2 fails. The second one was quite a hit. Ouch! But she is coming along. Soon she will be able to ride slower than me in the sand!  :biggrin:

[flash=480,385]https://www.youtube.com/v/1knb20LzbtM[/flash]

Well done guys!

Speaking for myself, I can definitely say that I am far more confident in sand. Thanks Pleco!

And you guys that claim to be novices, shame on you!  ;)

Pleco, many thanks for the video - a lovely memento of adrenalin-filled fun. What an experience it was going through the main soft section for the first time - apprehension coupled with excitement and the relief and joy of knowing 'I made it!'. Thank you for encouraging us to move out of the comfort zone. And thank you once again for the advice and pointers, which were of immense help.

DirtHound said:
Well done guys!

Speaking for myself, I can definitely say that I am far more confident in sand. Thanks Pleco!

DirtHound, I remain amazed at how easily you ride in sand. Look forward to seeing you at play at Atlantis - you will be in your element!

Doug C said:
DirtHound said:
Well done guys!

DirtHound, I remain amazed at how easily you ride in sand. Look forward to seeing you at play at Atlantis - you will be in your element!

So, lets plan a trip!  :ricky:
Pleco suggested that we go very early, coz the sand is slightly harder then. Saturdays are best for me.

DirtHound said:
Doug C said:
DirtHound said:
Well done guys!

So, lets plan a trip!  :ricky:
Pleco suggested that we go very early, coz the sand is slightly harder then. Saturdays are best for me.

I'm very keen! I could make any time over the weekends, except Sunday mornings. I know Eish would love to go too. Once the date, and number of riders, is known we can organise the necessary permits.

I have had a look at some of the video posted by Archangel of some the previous Atlantis rides and it looks like the ultimate place to hone your skills. Still, being realistic I have only ridden once and do not want to profess to know how its done ( respect the sand). Having said that I am really keen and if anyone should organise a ride at Atlantis I would like to be there!

Eish said:
I have had a look at some of the video posted by Archangel of some the previous Atlantis rides and it looks like the ultimate place to hone your skills. Still, being realistic I have only ridden once and do not want to profess to know how its done ( respect the sand). Having said that I am really keen and if anyone should organise a ride at Atlantis I would like to be there!

Busy organizing.

Check the planning a ride.  :thumleft:

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=85022.0

Rubicon, we appreciate your willingness to share your quest to conquer the 'sand monster'. You face the task with determination, meet the challenges with fortitude and push through, and learn from, every low. You are a motivation to men and women alike.

Latest posts