Sani Pass 16/06/2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRH

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
This was a last minute decision to go up Sani for the day but it was worth it. Waldo and his wife Sam on a GS800 and my daughter Kelly and myself (KTM990 Adv) met up at the Engen garage in Mooi River at 07h30. Later on during the day Noel KTM 640) met us at Sani Top Pub.

We set off from Mooi River at a chilly 0Deg C heading towards Nottingham Road. When we passed Rosetta the mercury plummet to below freezing point but all was soon forgotten when we got into the countryside.

I will let the photos tell the story and at the end I have inserted 2 YouTube videos for you to enjoy.

Sorry, will upload the photos later

Here are the videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBLIoTAEm-Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B9Q5TfEMvA

Photos added

Looks like a great day out weather good sunshine nice

Yes it was a great day GazGaz although we got caught in the mist and drizzle on our way back.

Yip, looks like it was a lekker trip!
I still need to do it with my son, but after his accident it is going to be a while!
Sommer jealous!
Glad you enjoyed it!

Awesome video, thanks for posting!  Brought back some great memories.

Road looked in okay condition, but still, big respect for doing it 2 up  :laughing4:

Jovan said:
Awesome video, thanks for posting!  Brought back some great memories.

Road looked in okay condition, but still, big respect for doing it 2 up  :laughing4:

The road is in great condition and it is not difficult going 2 up. The key is to keep momentum around those corners

Oubones said:
I still need to do it with my son, but after his accident it is going to be a while!
Sommer jealous!
Glad you enjoyed it!
Oubones I hope he has a speedy recovery and that you will have the chance to do it with your son

CRH said:
Oubones said:
Sommer jealous!
Glad you enjoyed it!
Oubones I hope he has a speedy recovery and that you will have the chance to do it with your son
Thanks, he is recovering well but the dr's say no kickstarting!
I am at present riding his xl500 but it has no first gear so not keen on doing sani on that!
Might do it during the holidays though!

Oubones said:
CRH said:
Oubones said:
Sommer jealous!
Glad you enjoyed it!
I am at present riding his xl500 but it has no first gear so not keen on doing sani on that!

I also have done Sani twice on my XT500. There is a remarkable power loss once you reach the top. ;D

CRH said:
Oubones said:
CRH said:
Oubones said:
Sommer jealous!
Glad you enjoyed it!

I also have done Sani twice on my XT500. There is a remarkable power loss once you reach the top. ;D
I had no hassles with my tw200! But I did not do much driving while on top!
Time will tell!

Thanks for the RR.

This pass is still on my bucket list of rides to do. Just hope I'll get to do it someday before it's all tarred out.

Good one CRH. Think I did pass you guys on the way down. Need to do it again with the Camperdown boys and not when I was in such a hurry. Still took me 7 hours to get to Winterton and 9 hours to Clarens on the same day. When we going again?  :thumleft:

Hamilton said:
Good one CRH. Think I did pass you guys on the way down. Need to do it again with the Camperdown boys and not when I was in such a hurry. Still took me 7 hours to get to Winterton and 9 hours to Clarens on the same day. When we going again?  :thumleft:

Wow Hamilton, great respect for doing that in one day. We will talk at the bash and plan a trip again  :thumleft:

Well done two up in that weather. You must have realy warm cloves. Care to share make and model

MRK Miller said:
Well done two up in that weather. You must have realy warm cloves. Care to share make and model
Haha.....I wish they where warm.