Saw interesting thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill the Bong

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Cagiva Elefant 900
Got a KTM 125 Duke in that would not take throttle when cold and would just suddenly die when approaching a stop. I have never worked on any of the Indian KTM models, so I was keen to see what's up.

When I pulled it on the work bench I saw it had one of those Idle Air Control Valves on top of the throttle body, so I had my immediate suspicions. They gave plenty of hassles on older Opel and Chev Aveos, that kind of thing. Any way, turned the key on and, as the IACV was basically in my face, I could hear the Bzzz clack clack clearly. Took it off (after I had to Google how to pull the tank😆) and had a look. The pushrod and spring was lying loose inside. These things work by essentially screwing the pushrod in and out based on the ECU prompt. This one unscrew itself.

So, easy fix other that I can't find a car equivalent, so its R1700 and on backorder from Austria. I found one from Bosch that looked similar, with the same pins, but it would not cycle. Pity, as it was only R280.