Screens, which one for peaked helmet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Firstly, compliments of the season to everybody.

I am sitting with a bit of a conundrum regarding screens at the moment for my 07 Dakar.

I recently bought Corneâ??s Wild at Heart screen but found no matter what I did, it badly affected my helmet through my peak on my Tour X. It seemed to just catch the end of it causing a pronounced vibration of my head that was not nice to ride with obviously and led to horrible headaches.

I suppose the obvious fix would be to take the peak off but I donâ??t want to do that so unfortunately it is not one of my options.

So my wife â??inheritedâ? the screen and wearing a Shoei helmet without the peak and being vertically challenged, she now has a dream bike.

I refitted the standard Dakar screen and then found with my handlebar raisers, the bars canâ??t turn all the way. So now I have the original 650GS screen (shorty) on that came with my wifeâ??s bike. It doesnâ??t actually look that bad on the Dakar and I reckon there is not that much difference in wind protection between this and the Dakar screen.

So now I am looking at probably getting the Kappa screen, but need input from someone who has this screen and who wears a helmet with a peak. Or any other make of screen that is also used with a peak on a GS 650 or Dakar. I am open to all options, including learning to enjoy the wind somehow.