Selling or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

africana

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I ride a 2008 990S Adventure - orange and blue one - and have nearly 103 000km on of which I put on just over 85k. As with these models, the paint started peeling but I stopped the peeling with clear Cutex but close up obviously can be seen. Extras like new tires and the sprocket was replaced in April I think, braided hoses, aluminum top box and panniers, spotlights, etc.
I don't really want to sell as I still enjoy it very much but it is getting a bit long in the tooth...? Honest part is that I myself are getting long in the tooth!
If I respray the bike, the buyer thinks I fell with it and the peeling paint might also put off a buyer me thinks. I have been told this particular bike is a collectors item but don't know how true that is. I use it to see my clients - not so much now but still do the odd trip to JHB and in Gauteng but since Coved only long trip was to NAMPO and back. have had the odd problem with it but also weary of future possible problems (no one can for see that but in general what are the other owners experience). I do think it needs a very good service at the moment but...how reliable are these bikes at this high km's?
So - the question is - do I sell or do I keep and spend (a lot) of money on it. (Finances not that great either still catching up after Coved).
Advice appreciated.