shaper looking for a home-testing the waters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geopat

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Hey guys I have recently moved from a smallholding to a suburban house and now I need to get all the toys from my workshop into a normal garage and no matter how I plan things out I just cant get all my machines in so its with a very heavy heart that I need to re home my shaper BUT I cant see myself selling it just yet, I have a long term plan of extending the garage to make space for more toys so this is what I propose. I will loan out the machine to a fellow dog for a minimum of 1 year free of charge all I ask is that its well maintained and not abused and not used in an industrial setting

Ok so the machine is a spartan clipmaster with a 400mm stroke and power feed on both axis it was designed as a rougher so its not toolroom accurate but it will hold 0.01mm over short distances. The machine really is a bit of a beast I recon it weighs about 750kg and takes up a fair bit of space so you will struggle to get it into a spare room. At the moment it has a single phase motor in but that has taken away the creep function so this needs to be done by hand I do however have the 3 phase box and a small motor

for those that dont know what a shaper is this video gives a good overview however please note my machine is much bigger that this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsBv14gWglw

Im away on work until May so this is really just a general reach out for now if you send me a PM I will send a pic of the machine (not a very good pic unfortunately)