Show and Tell.

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Oubones

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Dit was al die werk werd gewees as ek sien hoe lekker julle gekamp het! :thumleft:
Ons het ook nou besluit om my klein glasvesel karavaan/sleepwa te hou en te verander om ons beter te pas.
Julle moet dit geniet en ons hoop om eendag saammet julle iewers te gaan kamp!

ktmmer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Oubones said:
Dit was al die werk werd gewees as ek sien hoe lekker julle gekamp het! :thumleft:
Ons het ook nou besluit om my klein glasvesel karavaan/sleepwa te hou en te verander om ons beter te pas.

Wys n foto asb.

Mev Vis Arend

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
Oubones said:

Ons moet so maak  :biggrin: :biggrin:

JACOVV

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Ek en Ou Bees het besluit om iets goedkoops te kry - ons het niks om te verloor nie.

Baie idees - sal maar sien hoe dinge verloop.

:sip:

wjn

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
@Vis Arend what a nice setup! I just stumbled onto this thread now. If I may ask, do you know what the tow ball weight is with the bikes on the trailer? Been toying with the idea of having my Genie’s front section extended and braced to be able to load my bike on the front, but I am concerned it will make it unstable.

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
@Vis Arend what a nice setup! I just stumbled onto this thread now. If I may ask, do you know what the tow ball weight is with the bikes on the trailer? Been toying with the idea of having my Genie’s front section extended and braced to be able to load my bike on the front, but I am concerned it will make it unstable.
Thx @wjn and no, not sure of the ball weight with the bikes on. With both loaded I still manage to lift the front of the trailer onto the towbar without too much effort though, so in my mind it is not that heavy. It is also very stable on the open road with speed which is another indication that it more or less where it should be.
With that said, both bikes need to be loaded to have it stable, or no bikes at all. With just one bike loaded, either at the front or back, makes the whole trailer unstable, if that makes sense. With one bike loaded at the rear, the whole setup is just outright dangerous, lesser so with the one bike loaded at the front, but then the ball weight comes into play, which is then far to heavy for my liking.

Your idea could work, but I think you will have to have some sort of counter weight at the rear, toolbox, water tank, fuel, spare wheel, etc. to alleviate some of the weight added at the front. That is my thought in any case.

Reactions: wjn