Simple Fixes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntonW

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
My SE has 90K on the clock

I have had all the normal issues.

Rectifier. They are repairable

Subfame, Get a good welder

Side stand Switch. Until tonight no problems Bike would start but would cut out when put in gear . I carry the cheap fix resistor thingy in my tool kit. My bike starting to refusing to start in gear so i thought clutch safety was the problem. So I simply pulled back the rubber cover exposing the 2 terminals and wrapped some copper around them. problem solved. Speaking to Krog , Master bike electrician he says its the side stand safety.

Head Light.  I had a HID fr many years, it was great except burnt the reflector. i replaced the head light and now use a LED. Brand S7, 6800lux. its better than the HID. I do have 2 LED spots.

Petrol Pump. your bike will run very nicely without it. however you need enough weight of fuel in the tank to feed the carbs. turn the right hand tap off and lie the bike over to fill the left hand side. I have not tried it but blowing into the fuel cap pipe might help  :ricky:

i have added power points, and carry jumper leads and a tow rope  :biggrin: