Small inflatable mattress - Klymit static v

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
When I started the ds thing I had to sleep on the ground. I later upgraded to one of those roll up hikers mattresses, but it was still damn uncomfortable. Before the 2011 national bash I upgraded to the ATG stretcher and at last I could sleep on a bike trip.
A few months ago SWAMBO started to pillion with me on bike trips and try as we might we will never both fit onto the stretcher. My tent does not allow space for a second stretcher, so in solidarity I was back on the bare ground again with her. Started looking at other options and fancied the self inflating types, but still felt they were a little bulky in travel mode.
A week or so ago I saw the Klymit static v at CUMart and liked it. Spent some time online and saw favourable reviews, so I got us each one, still to be used though. It is an inflatable mattress, but you do not require a compressor. Just 10 breaths (that I tested and can confirm) and it is blown up. Deflated it packs in a bag, 100mm x 160mm in length, only slightly bigger than a can of Coke. Both of these mattresses together folds up in a smaller space than one of the smallest self inflating mattress I could find. Blown up it is very comfy and to have double comfort I will use it on the ATG stretcher on trips where I go alone. Sweet dreams.  :ricky: