So I'm a noob to this place and biking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Python

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
So my wife hit 40 and decided it was time for something new and a bike was it.
She gets herself a Vuka 200 tm the scrambler version... She got some Harley decal and stuck them over the Vuka ones. We asked the Harley guy in the shop if we could get a trade in – the dude actually laughed. :laughing4:
So I figured I can’t be outdone, a guys gotta do what he’s gotta do. >:D And I got myself an XT660R, the 1st bike I ever had in my life. I went to collect it at 4:30pm and rode home in rush hour traffic ... I don’t think I’ll ever be the same again I keep finding reasons to nip out for this or that or nothing at all.
I tackled the N1 morning rush hour the other day , can’t think why it’s called rush hour no one goes anywhere, except for me and the other dudes and dudets on bikes, cut my commute time by 70%. And you get to work all jazzed. If it carries on like this I’ll save a day a week in hours and use 1 3rd of the petrol to do it.
Now I’m having the barely controllable urges to take those shortcuts across the veld and the occasional park reserve between the houses. So I figured I should channel the urges and that’s how I ended up here... Well where to from here  :-\